Physical therapy flyers fill a special communication need. Flyers are not the same as brochures. Folded brochures (pocket size, medium, and large formats) represent a more formal branding message. Flyers, on the other hand, convey a more informal message. Physical therapy flyers work best for policies, procedures, announcements, events, and special offers.
Avoid the 4 most common mistakes independent practitioners make when creating flyers:
- Desktop printing or copy shop reproduction.
Flyers printed on your office printer usually SCREAM a cheap, weak brand image. Colors wash, edges don’t bleed, and images don’t print crisply.
- Unprofessional design and copywriting. Avoid tinkering with design if you don’t have the training or design software. Some online printing services offer templates, but they limit font, layout, and graphic choices. Even beautiful print quality won’t fix these problems. The extra cost for graphic design and copywriting can make the difference between a flyer you proudly present, and one you hide in a draw.
- The Website Substitute. We hear it all the time. “Why do I need flyers and brochures when I can just send everyone to my website?” Websites are, of course, a marketing Essential, but they are no substitute for a printed materials. Not convinced? Think about all the printing used to market most products and services. Printed materials reinforce your message and support your website. Websites and brochures work better together.
- Brand-Builder Emulation. Brand-builders emphasize logos and taglines. They subscribe to the idea that if their logo and tagline is cute enough, you’ll think of them first. Avoid brand-builder-style emphasis on flashy logos, taglines, and platitude-filled copy. You’re not Coca Cola or McDonalds, so don’t try to advertise like them. Professional service providers need to avoid the “platitude trap.” Here are two simple questions you can ask to see if you may be guilty of brand-builder emulation:
- Is the logo the focal point of your brochure cover?
- Is the main headline a platitude-filled promise? E.g. “Getting You Back To The Life You Love.”
If you answered yes to either of those questions, then you’re emulating a brand-builder. Read more about how to fix that or get started with your free trial now.
Take advantage of our high-quality, competitive pricing, and value-added design and copywriting service exclusively for physical therapists, fitness, and wellness providers.
Graphic design is included for all subscribers with no minimum order.
PTRM print services do more for less – Design, write physical therapy content, print, AND deliver. All for one low price.
Compare to Vistaprint or Staples Print Services.
Browse and Shop Other Products and Services